Oportunidad de voluntariado
Oportunidad de voluntariado publicado por: Neighborhood House Association (Utah)
Publicado el: 05/12/2012
Your world. Your chance to make it better. The VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) program was started in 1965 by President Lyndon B. Johnson and continues to operate as a force helping to eliminate poverty within America. Become part of the legacy by working with an agency helping low-income families in west Salt Lake City!
Description: Seeking self motivated, enthusiastic individual to create and implement a comprehensive volunteer program to increase the quality of care and opportunities available to Neighborhood House clients. Volunteers must be willing to commit to 12 months of full-time service.
Compensation and Benefits:
Free Childcare, Lunch provided daily, estimated living allowance of $10692 for 12 months or average $891 a month pre-tax. At the end of year of service, the VISTA can choose an Education Award ($5550) or End of Service Cash Stipend ($1500), Health Coverage, Relocation Allowance.
To learn more about the VISTA program visit: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp
• Assess the current volunteer program at Neighborhood House considering recruitment, screening, orientation, training, retention, tracking, recognition and satisfaction and address shortfalls.
• Effective use of social marketing mechanisms, website presence and visibility in the community to accomplish goals.
• Work with staff to identify and develop new and meaningful opportunities for volunteers and partnerships with service-oriented organizations.
• Maintain and expand existing partnerships with universities, schools, and various other service organizations to meet the needs of the organization.
• Coordinate efforts in the Neighborhood Garden; including winter and spring maintenance, plot assignments, and expansion.
• Work in concert with administrative staff to coordinate special events such as Family Fun Nights and Caregiver evenings and develop partnerships with organizations and businesses to assist in the execution of said events.
• Create and utilize a log of contact and resources.
• A belief in the mission and values of Neighborhood House, and a commitment to serving the low-income community.
• Transportation necessary (mileage reimbursable).
• Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and audio/visual); excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency including ALL Microsoft Office products, social marketing sites
• Enthusiastic and reliable team player.
• Spanish fluency (oral and written) desired.
• Ability to work well with diverse communities.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Available to work 40 hours per week – occasional nontraditional hours.
• Commit minimum 12 months of service to this project.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
Location: 1050 West 500 South, Salt Lake City 84104
Candidates who match the above requirements should submit resume, cover letter & three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes please.
Contact Name: Jennifer Nuttall