Oportunidad de voluntariado
Oportunidad de voluntariado publicado por: Interights
Publicado el: 11/12/2012
INTERIGHTS is pleased to invite applications for "summer interns" for the period between May to September 2013. INTERIGHTS specializes in the strategic litigation of human rights cases before regional and international human rights bodies, on cases from Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, Africa, South Asia and the Middle East. Our litigation is supported by related capacity building activities and publications on international and comparative human rights law. With programmes of work on equality (including the human rights of women, persons with disabilities and LGBTI rights), security and the rule of law (including counter-terrorism) and economic and social rights, an internship at Interights provides unique exposure to a variety of international legal challenges in practice.
Summer interns provide valuable legal research and drafting assistance to our lawyers, helping with the preparation of legal briefs, training materials and publications on human rights. Given the nature of our work, only candidates who have studied or are about to complete legal studies should apply.
While INTERIGHTS has specific funded internships for experienced lawyers from the regions in which we work, "summer interns" are volunteers who must be self funded.
Applicants must be prepared to commit for no less than three months between May and September, and should specify their proposed dates in their covering letter.
Successful candidates will:
- Be law graduates or be entering their final year of law school (LLM graduates or students desirable)
- Demonstrate an interest in international human rights law
- Demonstrate excellent legal research
- Be fluent in English, with outstanding English drafting skills
- Have the right to work in the UK or successfully obtain a sponsorship certificate
Please note that applications from candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
It will be advantageous for candidates to be fluent in French, Russian or Arabic. Experience of human rights issues and law in Eastern European and the former Soviet Union, Africa, South Asia or the Middle East is also desirable.
To apply please send the following four documents to Chloë Marong (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 21st January 2013:
- A covering letter of one page outlining your interest in volunteering with INTERIGHTS;
- Your curriculum vitae;
- A completed equality and diversity monitoring form, which can be downloaded from our website; and
- An unedited writing sample of no more than 2,000 words (this could be a term paper, an article or a case note).
Please write Summer Internship in the subject field of your email.
Given the volume of interest in these positions, we regret that we are unable to engage in correspondence about the appropriateness of your chosen writing sample or other matters concerning your application. INTERIGHTS will only contact shortlisted candidates.
INTERIGHTS is committed to equal opportunities