Oportunidad de voluntariado
Oportunidad de voluntariado publicado por: World Affairs Council of Oregon
Publicado el: 28/11/2012
INTERN/VOLUNTEER: GREAT DECISION SERIES
Great Decisions is a nation-wide program of the Foreign Policy Association to broaden public involvement with the most important foreign policy topics facing the U.S. The FPA's annual Great Decisions Briefing Booklets provide excellent background and analysis of these topics and serve as the focal point for the many small discussion groups that form around Oregon and the country. In addition to distributing the Briefing Booklets and serving as an information hub for the various discussion groups, the World Affairs Council also recruits local and national experts to speak on each topic in an 8-week series beginning in mid-January.
• Assisting with researching speakers and writing/designing event materials
• Assisting with event planning
• Taking and recording briefing book orders
• Managing the shipping of orders to participants
• Attending lectures and assisting with event logistics on-site
• Writing thank you letters and evaluations
• Data input and other clerical work as needed.
Preference is given to persons who are studying or have studied in the areas of International Affairs, Non-Profit Management, Event Planning, Political Science, or related field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Computer competence (Microsoft Word, Excel and experience with databases).
• Excellent organizational skills.
Benefits of a Great Decision Series internship with the World Affairs Council of Oregon include:
• Gain exposure to the daily operations of a non-profit organization
• Develop your skills in event planning, professional communication and project management;
• Gain experience in cross-cultural communications and international exchange programs;
• Improve your administrative skills in a dynamic and busy office environment
• Letters of reference for future job opportunities.
All World Affairs Council internships are unpaid. This position requires a minimum of 15-20 hours per week during the Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. workweek. Internship terms are generally 3 months with a possibility for extension.