Oportunidad de voluntariado
Oportunidad de voluntariado publicado por: Atoll Volunteers
Publicado el: 13/12/2012
We are in the process of re-launching our marine conservation programme on Naifaru Island. For this we need a person who has experience and a degree in the field of marine biology, oceanography, marine conservation or similar.
The programme has three main focuses; awareness-building in our community, coral gardening and monitoring, and turtle conservation. The programme will be run on our island with the help of local and international volunteers.
This position will give you a unique chance to conduct a marine conservation programme from the planning phase to the hands-on implementation in one of the most beautiful and diverse marine eco-systems in the world.
As the head of the marine conservation programme you will be a member of our administration and your key responsibilities will be:
- Overall planning and implementation of the marine conservation programme according to our long-term strategy
- Plan, develop and conduct regular awareness sessions on the marine environment for school children and adults
- Plan and oversee the monitoring of coral health in the surrounding area
- Plan and conduct coral gardening to increase the amount of healthy coral in the area
- Manage the daily operations at our marine conservation centre (under construction)
- Plan and oversee the duties of our participating local and international volunteers in accordance with our volunteer programme.
- Write weekly/monthly reports on the progress and development of the programme
To apply for this position it is crucial that you have experience in conducting marine conservation, both in terms of planning and field work.
You must be able to work independently. There will be volunteers on-site, but it will be your responsibility to manage the programme and meet the deadlines.
You must be willing to work in a culturally diverse team and be solution-oriented.
The programme will be your responsibility and you will be given free hands to shape the content of the programme as long as it is within the boundaries of our overall strategy. As such you must be driven and creative.
The position requires a 6 month commitment as a minimum.
The position is unpaid, but we will provide free accommodation and we will provide cheap meals from a local restaurant. Furthermore, we will cover the visa costs and any transportation costs from the capital, Male' to our location.
This position needs to be filled ASAP. For more information, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or call +960 756 4516