Oportunidad de voluntariado
Oportunidad de voluntariado publicado por: Atoll Volunteers
Publicado el: 18/01/2013
About Atoll Volunteers
Atoll Volunteers is a young organization which is run by a local NGO. Atoll Volunteers is a community based organization which brings in international volunteers to a small island community in the Maldives. We run projects in a range of fields, from marine conservation through teaching and sports to grant writing and construction. As such we attract volunteers from all over the world and from different backgrounds. We are now looking for a skilled person to act as our volunteer coordinator to support the growing number of volunteers.
- Recruitment of international volunteers, including but not limited to: posting on websites, developing content, contacting organisations and increasing Atoll Volunteers' online presence
- Answer queries from prospective international volunteers regarding volunteering in Maldives
- Manage international volunteers' stay in Maldives and ensuring current volunteers' wellbeing
- Develop capacity and assist in administrative duties of Atoll Volunteers
- Maintaining our activity in social media such as Facebook & Twitter
- Welcoming and briefing new volunteers
- Performing on-going evaluation of our volunteer programs
- Compose reports and grant proposals for agencies such as UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC and World Bank
- Coordinate and organise events for the community, such as anti-drug campaigns, women empowerment activities and youth development programmes
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience with working with volunteers (Not mandatory)
- Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, and relay complicated information in a user-friendly manner
- Experience with effectively using social media and on-line campaigning in a professional setting
- Experience with working with HR or the NGO sector is a plus
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently and under time pressure
- A strong interest in development issues such as human rights, gender equality and youth development
- Bachelor's, Master's or professional degree in a relevant field (not mandatory)
- Minimum 3 month commitment. Applicants who are available for up to 6 months preferred.
As our volunteer coordinator you will receive free accommodation. The accommodation is a studio apartment with A/C and a bathroom.
Furthermore, we have a partnership with a local restaurant where we have secured cheap meals for our volunteers and volunteer coordinator.
Atoll Volunteers will cover all visa costs and transportation from the Capital, Male', to our location.
As we are a relatively small and not-for-profit organization we cannot cover flight costs to and from the Maldives.
What's in it for you?
- You will get the unique chance to work 'on the ground' in development work in the Maldives
- Your network will increase significantly as you will meet a large number of international and Maldivian people
- You will receive valuable experience for building your CV
- You will get the chance to experience the beauty and excitement of the Maldives through your work and through our weekly excursions to remote, uninhabited islands
- Are you a student? If you are interested and meet the criteria, we can arrange for this to be structured as an internship
To apply for this position you must be able to start work no later than March 1st.
For more information on our organization and programmes, see www.atollvolunteers.com
Application deadline: 31st of January 2013.
Interested parties please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - subject 'volunteer coordinator'
Application deadline: 31st of January 2013