NOTE: I can easily function as a round peg, if you like, but then you'd be missing out on the broad and deep competencies that an award-winning hybrid delivers. I'm known as a quick study with boundless energy, simultaneously creative and analytical— proven to perform many functions beyond my assigned job title across sectors.
I Get Things Done
Equally comfortable in under-served neighborhoods or the boardroom, I help people and organizations negotiate issues to achieve their definition of success. Founder of a grassroots community partnership and student government, I enabled the turnaround of a NYC elementary school. Likewise, I transitioned a creative services team from book club marketing at Bookspan to a new creative services agency and landed Panasonic as an account, all within 6 weeks.
I am a change agent, educator, and revenue-driven brand marketer with robust Consumer Affairs / Customer Service / Client Services expertise— all integral to business and non-profit development. I excel at Daily Operations and creating a flexible structure for fast-paced / chaotic environments, especially service-oriented organizations where communication and education are critical to meeting the needs of those served.
Making a Difference
Whether mentoring my former students or seniors at FIT / Fashion Institute of Technology, employed in management, or volunteering as a Women Unlimited Mentor, I motivate individuals to attain personal excellence. Often recruited as a mentor, this takes many forms including on-the-job skills training, Brand Marketing, career coaching, and Youth Leadership Development that enables confident, strategic and pro-active results long after my departure.Totally passionate about horticulture and landscape design, I use my Master Gardener Training and years of hands-on experience to develop residential gardens and landscapes. There is not a day that I'm not tending a garden somewhere, as the creative problem-solving process is exhilarating!
LEADERSHIP & AWARDS
- Mentor to CSR of the Year: SOCAP / Society Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business
- BOLI Advertising Award for 25-page KitchenAid trade catalog
- Founder Grassroots Community Partnership & Student Government — enabled the turnaround of NYC elementary school
- NY State Economics America Award for Advertising Economics curriculum & program
- National Endowment for the Arts Award for Innovative Use of Design in Education
- Featured in "Design as a Catalyst for Learning" by Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
- American Institute of Architects: selected for NYC Architecture In The Schools Program
- Eisenhower Grant for Math & Science
- Kappa Delta Pi National Education Honor Society: Columbia University chapter
- PTA / Parent Teacher Association: President, elementary school
- Nassau County PTA: Juvenile Protection Chairperson
- The New School University, Milano School of Management & Urban Policy post-MA Certificate, Organization Development & Change Management —1997
GPA 3.86 Change Agent with expertise in Change Management, Process Improvements, Training and Development
- Social Media Success Summit @Social Media Examiner — 2010
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society @Teachers College, Columbia University: Gifted Education & Curriculum Development — 1991
- Columbia University Teachers College: MA Psychology
- American University: BA Education
Graduated high school and college early GPA 4.0 in major
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Training