Programa publicado por: SDA Bocconi School of Management
Publicado el: 14/12/2012
Public Management is about having an impact on real lives, be it in your local environment, through a major international organization, a basic or a complex service, a daily issue or an emergency.
SDA Bocconi Master of Public Management, allows to develop in 12 months a sense of priorities, best practices and hands-on responsibilities, team motivation and substantial managerial capacities to move you towards being a key player in addressing international challenges.
MPM is an intensive, full time program lasting 9 months plus a compulsory internship period (at least 3 months), beginning on September 2013.
The course structure is comprised of four different residential parts:
PUBLIC COLLOQUIUM (September 2013)
This is an introductory course, which has three objectives:
- to orient incoming students to the MPM program and to Bocconi University;
- to give students a sense of the scope and nature of skills and attributes required of public managers and MPM participants;
- to provide students with effective skills in the art of diversity management, teambuilding and professional document writing through some interactive workshops.
CORE COURSES (September 2013 - May 2014)
Each student is required to take the MPM core courses, which are offered throughout the program.
First Term - Fundamentals of Public Management (September - December 2013)
- Public Sector Basics: Aims, Tasks, Structures and Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Public Economics
- Organizational Behaviour in Public Institutions
- Financial Accounting for Public Institutions
- Strategic Management of Public Institutions
- Linking Human Rights to Development: The Critical Role of Local Governance
Second Term - Management and Governance of Public Services and Policies (January - March 2014)
- Management of NGO's
- Law and Public Management
- Organization and Human Resource Management in Public Institutions
- Performance Measurement and Management of Public and Not for Profit Institutions
- Marketing and Communication in the Public Sector
- E-government Strategies
Third Term - Perspectives (April - May 2014)
- Microeconomics of Competitiveness - in affiliation with Harvard Business School
SPECIALIZATION (April - May 2014)
The Specializations are taken during the third term. Students have to choose one Specialization among the following:
INTERSHIP Min. 3 months from June 2014
After the completion of MPM class activities, students are expected to use their skills in a real setting. As such, students will undertake a field project in a public or public-related organization. Internships give participants the opportunity to tackle actual management problems in a real organization. Students are asked to generate professional value for the hosting institution, receiving in exchange a valuable learning experience.
Internships are carried out over a period of at least 3 months and involve a full-time commitment. During this period, each student is supervised by one MPM faculty member.
Internships may be carried out in any country.
Potential hosting institutions are:
- supranational and international institutions;
- national, regional and local government institutions, agencies and companies involved into the delivery of public services;
- NPOs and NGOs;
- research centers;
- consultancy companies.
Tuition fee details
The total fee for the 2013/2014 edition is € 19,000 to be paid in three installments:
1st installment: € 8,000 on acceptance of your admission to the Master Program
2nd installment: € 7,000 by November 2013
3rd installment: € 4,000 by February 2013
- Bachelor degree (in any discipline)
- Work Experience
- English language: TOEFL, IELTS or similar.
To apply to the MPM program, candidates must complete an online application.