You can make it happen – please get involved to support our work in support of enlightened and holistic, regenerative communities and healthy environments.
Yes, 2013 was quite a year!
We reached major goals, including
• Hosting over 1000 students in our gardening programs
• Canoeing with over 200 youth on our local waterways, thanks to a new trailer
• the obstacle to navigation on the Bronx Kill was finally removed
• our waterfront is still safe from FreshDirect
• our brook restoration project should break ground in 2014
And we got to work with dynamic partnerships, like
• buildOn national youth service organization
• South Bronx United soccer and academic club
• NY Botanical Garden's Bronx Green Up…. and many more.
It's been great seeing local students flourish, from schools like
• South Bronx Montessorri School
• Heketi School
• International Community High School
• Hostos College
…and many more in our environmental education network!
And to expand our initiatives, including
• mentoring more young adults in our Alternatives to Incarceration, and Summer Youth Employment Program
• proving access to local organic food in our expanding decade old South Bronx CSA
• keeping the Farm in the City with our Greenhouse & Chicken Coop
• hosting a variety of Indigenous Cultural dance, drum and music events
• safe streets rallies with our local Council Member Melissa Mark Viverito
Actively engaging the opportunities ahead is only possible with your support. Please donate today. Help us make sure that Friends of Brook Park can continue to inspire and grow our communities going green. From the Earth to the Water, we educate and advocate and elevate, join us today!
Gracias por actualizar tu perfil. Más tarde,
puedes añadir otros detalles incluyendo tus intereses, habilidades y experiencia.
Estamos encantados de que formes parte.
Antes de que puedas ser un miembro activo de esta comunidad, tendrás que convertirte en Conector.
Tómate unos minutos para entender lo que significa y si estás de acuerdo con los valores que compartimos
antes de continuar.