Second Chance is a non-profit project in West Africa. We were founded in 2008 at the Liberian refugee camp in Ghana, where we were registered as a grassroots organization by the local government. In 2009 we relocated to Liberia, where today we work in partnership with the ministry of Justice and ministry of health for the psychological rehabilitation of post-war and conflict individuals.
Our Mission Peace building through free mental health services for survivors of war and conflict.
7 main components of our program: 1) Direct clinical services for psychological rehabilitation of post-war and post conflict individuals (war perpetrators and victims) in various communities, prison compounds and refugee camps.
2) Preventive clinical intervention at schools, orphanages and communities to attend the needs of post-war children at risk for secondary traumatization and domestic abuse.
3) Raising our participant's skills for employment and social economic stability through skills training and basic education scholarships.
4) Empowerment of the population with psychological education through community workshops and radio broadcasts about mental health conditions, drug abuse and parenting skills.
5) Reconciliation of war perpetrators and war victims: lowering stigmatization of former child soldiers, combatants and inmates, helping them to integrate back into communities.
6) Psychiatric and neuroscience research in commitment to clinical excellence, for the development of culturally sensitive psychological intervention in Africa.
7) Advocacy and development of the mental health field for Liberia: Assisting the Liberian Mental Health Ministry with fundraising, professional training of Liberians, overseas awareness campaign and free international consulting services as a member of the Liberian Mental Health Advocacy Committee.
Beneﬁciaries: - War affected youth (former child soldiers) - Post war Liberian children - Orphans - Refugees - Former combatants - Victims of rape & domestic violence (male & female) - Drug Dependents - Inmates and former inmates - Parents & teachers
The Liberian population as a whole benefits from reduction of crime and violence led by war, trauma and poverty.
For more information, please visit our website at www.SecondChanceAfrica.org
Gracias por actualizar tu perfil. Más tarde,
puedes añadir otros detalles incluyendo tus intereses, habilidades y experiencia.
Estamos encantados de que formes parte.
Antes de que puedas ser un miembro activo de esta comunidad, tendrás que convertirte en Conector.
Tómate unos minutos para entender lo que significa y si estás de acuerdo con los valores que compartimos
antes de continuar.