Oportunidad de empleo
Oportunidad de empleo publicado por: American Corporate Partners
Publicado el: 04/08/2014
American Corporate Partners is looking for another candidate to join our growing team of Operations Associates.
American Corporate Partners (ACP), www.acp-usa.org, is a non-profit dedicated to easing the transition of American veterans from the armed forces to the civilian workforce. ACP has two distinct professional-development programs for veterans: a nationwide Veteran Mentoring Program and an online community of professionals offering career advice, ACP AdvisorNet.
Founded in 2008, ACP is a fast-growing, one-of-a-kind organization. In its first year, ACP paired 150 veterans with corporate mentors nationwide. We are currently providing mentorships to 2,000 service members across the country. As ACP continues to expand, we seek to hire a detail-oriented, positive and hard working individual to join the team.
The Operations Associate position involves creating and monitoring mentoring relationships; troubleshooting issues that may arise in mentorships; establishing and maintaining relationships with fellow veteran service organizations, universities and company partners; as well as providing research, writing, and program development support to make our services more efficient and effective. The ideal candidate will be open to evolving responsibilities as our organization grows.
- On-boarding all mentor and protégé applicants, including reviewing applications and conducting short phone interviews
- Creating professional mentoring relationships between post-9/11 veterans and corporate volunteer mentors
- Monitoring mentoring relationships
- Troubleshooting difficult relationships, providing resources, training and guidance as needed
- Building relationships with universities and veteran service organizations in your assigned area of the country
- Keeping your assigned veterans well-informed of professional opportunities in their local area or fields of interest
- Monitoring ACP AdvisorNet, ACP's online community
- Responding to inquiries from the general public about ACP
- Proactively suggesting and implementing ideas for improving ACP's programs
- Working on additional projects as assigned, such as social media, corporate relations, veteran outreach, design, etc.
- Dedication to ACP's mission and a desire to assist post-9/11 service members with their career development
- Commitment to non-profit work
- Bachelor's Degree with a GPA of 3.5
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to evolving responsibilities
- Positive attitude
Interviews will be conducted in person in NYC.
Recent veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Ms. Ali Hoban at email@example.com. A résumé without a cover letter will not be read. Please include your résumé and cover letter in the body of the e-mail rather than as an attachment. No phone calls please.