Pasantía publicado por: Search for Common Ground
Publicado el: 16/01/2013
Search for Common Ground is seeking a part-time intern with skills in the full Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator. TheDesign Intern will report to the Strategic Development and Communications Department and assist in a variety of online marketing, social media, and communications projects, working with our field offices in 30 countries around the world. Through hands-on training, the Design Intern will learn strategy and tactics for design & communication that can be broadly applied to the nonprofit sector and marketing in general. The scope of the internship will be tailored to the intern's strengths and experience, building on the individual's skills. This is an unpaid internship with the option of earning college credit.
Working as a graphic designer for Strategic Development and Communications by creating logos and other images and materials pertinent to social media, online, and print campaigns for raising awareness of the organization.
· Aid with SFCG social media sites
· Assisting with theme customization
· Assisting in creative process for coming up with new designs
· Assisting with staff training to facilitate content input/updates on their end
Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
· Experience in graphic design
· Creative; artistic; knowledge of trending styles
· Self-starter; organized; detail-oriented
· Familiarity with Adobe Dreamweaver and web design are a plus, but not mandatory
· Experience with browser-based email blast services are a plus, but not mandatory (ex: Constant Contact, Salsa, etc.)
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org the subject headingGraphic Design Internship, and note where you found this posting.No phone calls please. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Please see our web sitewww.sfcg.orgfor more details of our work. Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please clearly state why our program is of interest to you, what you can bring to the organization, and what experience you hope to gain from the internship. Please include 3 samples of your work in graphic design.Also, include the dates of your availability and the number of hours per week to which you can commit. Candidates who can intern a minimum of 20 hours per week are preferred.While we will make this a very rewarding internship experience for you, note this is an unpaid internship.