Pasantía publicado por: Discover Roxbury
Publicado el: 12/01/2013
The Development Intern will assist with the implementation and organization of a volunteers and fundraising efforts, including memberships. This internship is an opportunity to help build and strengthen the organization.
• Perform research and special projects related to Discover Roxbury's community engagement strategy,
• Maintain communication with designated external community partners,
• Assist with Discover Roxbury's membership drive,
• Assess Discover Roxbury's evolving volunteer needs.
• Background in communications, liberal arts, social sciences or business (with experience in or emphasis on organizational strategy/planning),
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills,
• Skilled in Microsoft Office software packages,
• Keen interest in community relationship building from a local and regional perspective,
• Advocacy writing experience
• Familiarity and/or interest in biking and walking around Roxbury
• Familiarity and experience with Roxbury's diverse neighborhoods and communities
• Commitment to building a sustainable and more livable Roxbury
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Some travel around Roxbury may be necessary.
To apply for an internship, please submit a single Word or pdf document, containing:
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. They may be addressed to Derek Lumpkins, Executive Director. Please only apply for one internship.
Unless stated otherwise, all internships are unpaid and do not include housing. Students who will receive course credit at the end of the internship are strongly encouraged to apply.