Pasantía publicado por: Saprinu
Publicado el: 10/12/2012
Education and Rural Development Assistant, Kathmandu, Nepal
Required abilities and tasks:
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Fluent in Nepali and English (both spoken and written). Good knowledge of government, legal, education, development and administrative vocabulary.
- Ability to type in Nepali (Devanagari) script on computer
- Proficient computer skills: online research, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently translate documents back and forth between Nepali and English
- Available 15-20 hours per week – office located in Jhamsikhel
- Personal laptop
- Own form of transportation (motorbike, scooter, bicycle, etc)
- Assistant to Education and Rural Development Program Coordinator for Saprinu
- Translating documents (government, I/NGO, education, development) from Nepali into English, and occasionally from English into Nepali.
- Running errands (photocopying; printing; buying office supplies; visiting government offices, schools, I/NGO offices, program sites in Kathmandu; finding books and resources around Kathmandu).
- Online research: finding various documents, online resources, etc.
- Creating overviews and reviews of various documents, organizations, government programs, best practices, etc.
- Type up notes, social surveys, etc.
- Attend meetings around Kathmandu
Please send a cover letter and CV to Paul Josephson at email@example.com