Pasantía publicado por: Relief International
Publicado el: 10/01/2013
POSITON SUMMARY: This role offers an opportunity to work for a region presenting issues that are on the cutting edge of the humanitarian enterprise. The current drought in Somalia is exacerbating the dire situation faced by Somali populations that have endured two decades of conflict and insecurity, leading to massive displacement and skyrocketing rates of malnutrition. The world's newest nation, South Sudan, gained independence on July 9th and as refugees and internally displaced persons return, RI is working to improve health, education and general economic conditions through relief and development programming there and throughout the region. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to work in a region undergoing historic change.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer for East Africa, the Intern will assist in report and proposal editing, write program summaries or assist in developing program communication material, assist on creating or revising program budgets in Excel, and conduct administrative tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Edit and assist in writing reports, proposals, and other program materials
• Assist in creating program communication materials, including writing activity updates for the East Africa section of the RI website
• Assist in editing or creating program proposal budgets, as assigned
• Assist in administrative duties, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• General knowledge of world affairs and international/intergovernmental institutions, and an intellectual curiosity to expand upon that knowledge.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• 15-40 hours weekly; M-F varied schedule
• Computer literacy and thorough internet knowledge
Salary: academic credit and a monthly transportation stipend available.
Your internship with Relief International will not only give you a chance to contribute to our mission, but also to discover career opportunities within Relief International and the non-profit world in general. This year, over 10% of graduating or graduated interns were offered full-time positions with Relief International.
Start Date is Negotiable