Pasantía publicado por: Zidisha, Inc.
Publicado el: 21/07/2013
Zidisha Microfinance launched in 2009 as the world's first true person-to-person microlending platform, based on direct communication and transactions between lenders worldwide and borrowers in developing countries. We have an opening for an outgoing, Indonesian-speaking Indonesia Country Liaison intern to use his/her talents and skills to support and develop our community of borrowers in Indonesia.
This is a part-time or full-time "virtual volunteering" position that may be undertaken from any location in the world. Candidates are expected to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week to the position, on a flexible schedule which includes consistent availability of at least one hour per day on weekdays to review new loan applications and respond to Indonesia client emails.
Successful candidates will have a strong previous track record of paid or unpaid work for mission-driven organizations, a passion for advancing opportunities for entrepreneurs in the world's most marginalized communities, proficiency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia, a high degree of responsibility and organization, and ability to independently manage ongoing daily communications responsibilities without an in-person supervisor.
Zidisha is a small and innovative start-up nonprofit organization. As such, the intern will have a good deal of freedom to propose and execute his/her own ideas and initiatives. Successful performance will have a major impact on the volume of loans financed and the quality of our Indonesia clients' experience with Zidisha.
The Indonesia Country Liaison Intern is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring that Zidisha's applicants and borrowers in Indonesia are always provided with timely, friendly and professional customer service.
As first line of contact with our clients, Country Liaison Interns, more than anyone else, determine the quality of our clients' borrowing experience and the resulting quality of their relationship with Zidisha.
1. Ensure that Zidisha's Indonesia applicants and clients have access to quick, pleasant and professional assistance and support at any time.
2. Ensure that new applicants' profiles are reviewed thoroughly and timely.
3. Ensure that Zidisha website is kept current with accurate loan disbursement and repayment information.
4. Ensure that clients in Indonesia have their funded loans disbursed promptly.
5. Provide understanding, effective support to any members who experience difficulties in making on-time loan repayments.
6. Develop familiarity and a friendly, professional rapport with the clients in Indonesia.
Please send a letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to Julia Kurnia, Zidisha director, at email@example.com. Please note that due to the large volume of applications for this position, we will only be able to respond to those who are selected for an interview.