Pasantía publicado por: Girls Inc. of NYC
Publicado el: 17/01/2013
Girls Incorporated of New York City is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Incorporated, the nation's leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women. Girls Inc. is dedicated to inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
Girls Inc. uses experiential learning to deliver and focus on curricula on topics such as: economic literacy; media literacy; Health and Sexuality; Self Defense and Violence Prevention; Career Exploration and Life Planning; Science, Math, Technology and Web Design; Art and Self Expression; Sports and Movement; Leadership and Community Action.
Girls Inc. seeks Volunteer Intern for its office at The Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women. The successful candidates will support our OST Program Director.
Some duties will include (not limited to):
The Intern will be a self-starter who is comfortable working with computer software. Candidate should have experience working in an office setting and be confident with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and communicating with parents, youth, and staff.
- Experience working in an office setting preferred
- A self-starter with the ability to work with new computer software such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Apple computers.
- Excellent writing, creative writing, and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling hours; recommend for college students to apply.
- A commitment to the Girls Inc. mission of inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold!
HOURS: A minimum of 10 hours a week to be determined between Girls Inc. Staff at The Urban Assembly Institute and eligible candidates.
START DATE: Applications are rolling. Start date will be as soon as selected candidate can begin.
E-mail Shawnee@girlsincnyc.org to confirm application is complete.