Pasantía publicado por: The Women's Building
Publicado el: 01/12/2012
The Women's Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
Our Community Resource Room (CRR) is looking for interns to provide Job Search assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or visit The Women's Building seeking information or a referral to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, financial education, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry and a host of workshops.
Hours: 4-8 hours per week in the afternoon, Monday - Friday, 1-5pm.
(Internship requires a 3 month minimum commitment). Reports to: Olivia Herrera, Volunteer Coordinator
Claudia Huenchuleo, Programs Coordinator
• Provide culturally sensitive information and referrals to visitors.
• Assist clients in our computer lab and provide assistance with procedures such as applying for jobs, filling out forms, resume/cover letter assistance, and interviewing skills.
• Collect, update and organize information for binders, bulletin boards, and other materials in the CRR. Research information on community services and file in appropriate reference area.
• Assist with administrative duties and data collection.
• Support The Women's Building in special projects as they arise.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
• Commitment to social justice.
• Spanish language skills.
Benefits/ Leadership Development Goals:
• Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
• Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
• Develop knowledge of, and experience with, community services and program operation.
• Experience day to day activities of a community center.
• Knowledge of Salesforce, use of Microsoft Office especially Excel, Google Docs.
• Participate in trainings related to job justice.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume, and availability with CRR INTERNSHIP as the subject line. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Contact: Olivia Herrera
Email: email@example.com Phone: 415-431-1180 x11 Address: 3543 18th St #8, San Francisco, CA 94110